Thursday, March 21, 2013

Decorating With Home Depot Industrial Supply: Unexpected Style


Recently I was visiting the Home Depot website, looking to buy two new shelves for my workshop to store my dishes on. I have tons of dishes, and believe me, once people find out that you make jewelry and artwork from old broken china plates, cups, and saucers, the donations start pouring in, and the china starts piling up. Storage can be a problem!   

I had bought two industrial storage shelving units at Home Depot a few years ago, and I 
was just checking to see if they still sold the same type I had bought there before because 
I've always liked them, and now I needed two more. While on their website, I clicked on the cabinet shelves section on a whim, just to see what they had to offer, and this yellow steel cabinet immediately caught my eye! Check out these Industrial decor inspirations and maybe you'll be inspired too!

Found at Home Depot: This yellow metal cabinet provides a bright pop of color! 
What a great way to add a burst of life to a steely neutral Industrial color scheme! 
Check out these other pop-of-yellow inspirations:



A simple stack of sunny yellow chairs



This yellow table brightens up the entire room.



Yellow table and chairs from Melbourne Cafe



Table made out of an old steel sign. From The Boiler Room





Found at Home Depot: There's no denying that a pop of bright red makes a statement!
This red fire cabinet with its yellow decal caught my eye right away. 
Here are some other red industrial inspirations: 



Red industrial stools from Rejuvination



Kitchen island devised from six tool boxes from Burr & McCallum Architects 



Quindici metal cabinets from Napa Style






Found at Home Depot: I love the futuristic yet retro look of this 24" by 36"
 steel cabinet and right away I thought nightstand or bedside table. All steel construction!







Metal cabinet from Rockett St George



What do you think?


I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns